Digging for Gold

I've struck gold... or it struck me!!

As someone who's always appreciated the blingy things in life, I must say that my love for all things gold was stuck in the 80's but as of late, it's been totally revived.  

Any shade of gold will do...burnished brass, vintage gold, even antique bronze.... all good! 

The brass movement in design been making its way over from Europe for the past couple of years but has really hit hard in the decor industry in the last couple of seasons.  It's not the shiny yellow stuff from the decades past, but a more weathered, warm tone that works so well in almost any home.

Here's what I'm digging lately.  

The first 3 pics are vintage finds I've picked up recently at my favourite antique shops.


I picked up  this Italian tray for a client who has an eclectic space
with a mix of Asian and European antiques with blue accents

This is one of a pair of lamps that I found with mega-ugly shades.  I love all the details.
They'll be topped with black drum shades with gold interior lining.

Veranda Magazine
Three is better than one when the tables are this pretty.

// brass closet handles.

Closet Door Handles

lamps

I love the mix of shiny and weathered brass/gold.  
The curves and ribbing in the lamps and mirror are details that make these pieces extra special.

side table
Another amazing mix of rough & smooth, polished &  matte elements!!


Antique Hotel La Salle, Chicago Doorknob & Back Plate

Elegant hotel door knob - can you imagine what's inside?

Bagues sconces

cowtan and tout trellis wallpaper
Cole and Son wallpaper

gold on gold

I love layered jewelry - this is the best way to dress up a simple outfit

antique brass lamps

Vintage purple and gold glasses

gold


gold gold gold

Dripping in it!!

Gold.

Ciao for now!

all images via here

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like