Finds - In the Junction

If you know me or follow me on social media, you know I love the finds.

A recently checked out a local area called The Junction; an artsy neighbourhood just west of the downtown core home to interesting shops, restaurants and markets.   More info here.

I popped into Cornerstone and found some French inspired pieces with a rustic feel that I loved.  
It can be hard to find stock cabinetry that's nice quality, has good scale and great hardware - but these would be fantastic for extra storage in a home office, living room, dining room or kitchen.


I would put some of these pretty jars and bottles in them too!


These upholstered pieces have beautiful lines that generally work well with a simple linen fabric


However, this stately, barrel-back chair is just not living up to its potential with this fabric...



it needs a PUNCH of one modern drama - perhaps with one of these fabrics

Maxwell Fabrics - top sellers for June

or a little more subdued, but nonetheless gorgeous...

Kelly Wearstler for Lee Jofa
Staying on the COLOUR bandwagon for the love of Summer....

I then popped into a shop called Haveli Home and was greeted by a cute little bulldog 
(I didn't get his picture because he was too busy licking my ankle at the time!) 
 but he looked a bit like this

source
They had lots of beautifully carved furniture from India, but what caught my eye was these colourful blankets in a lightweight cotton that's perfect for summer bedding or an evening lounging outdoors with a nightcap.

Haveli Home
Next, I wandered a bit down the road and came across a couple of little vintage shops and picked up a sweet little hand-painted green vase from Italy that will get some freshly blossomed pink peonies and go straight to Mom's house this weekend - she'll love them!

Antique Shop & my backyard peonies

There were some great cafes and restaurants, but I didn't have the time (aka anyone to drink with) so I headed back to the office to get some work done.  
At least I got some fresh air, sunshine and the inspiration I needed!










No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like